GEDNEY HILL GOLF CLUB - LOCAL RULES
IN ADDITION TO THE LOCAL RULES PRINTED ON THE SCORECARD, THE FOLLOWING LOCAL RULES ARE IN FORCE WITH EFFECT 1 JANUARY 2020.
1. Winter Rules - On closely mown areas, ball may be cleaned and placed within 6 inches, no nearer the hole.
2. Bridges within a hazard are an integral part of the hazard and no relief is given with the following exceptions :
Lordy's Bridge (3rd and 7th Holes)
Johnny's Bridge (18th Hole)
If the club is likely to make contact with the bridge, relief may be taken unless the ball is inside the penalty area.
3. The metal fence adjacent to the 11th Tee is an integral part of the course and no relief is given.
4. If a ball is in the water hazard on the 3rd Green, any penalty drop must be taken from the dropzone on the bank short of the Green.
5. If a ball is in the water hazard behind the 12th Green any penalty drop must be taken from the dropzone between the 12th and the 13th Fairway.
6. During dry spells when cracks may appear, free relief may be taken if any part of the ball is below ground level. Ball may be dropped within 6 inches, no nearer the hole.
7. The small bushes adjacent to 100m and 150m marker posts are to be treated as staked trees, and relief must be taken.
8. On the 10th Hole, if your stance is impeded by the internal OOB stakes for the 8th Hole, relief may be taken under Rule16.1a (nearest point of relief plus one club length no nearer the hole).
9. If your ball is up against, or very close to a tree root such that your club will make contact with the root during your swing, relief may be taken by dropping within 6 inches, no nearer the hole.
10. On the 13th Hole, if your ball is up against, or very close to the road leading to the car park, which is OOB, no relief is given.
GEDNEY HILL GOLF CLUB
Along with the local rules printed on the scorecard please note these additional 9 rules which are also in force.
The Course - Local Rules